The Diary of a Foodie

These food blogs are made up entirely from my own personal views. I do not work for, or get paid by any of the establishments that I mention.
It is a personal account based on a personal experience, and should be treated as such.
Please use the search box to search for your favourite style of food.
If you would like to suggest anywhere for me to try, please feel free to get in touch.




Friday 24 September 2010

Houghton Hall/Cafe/Carlisle



Houghton Hall is a lovely Garden Centre, just off Junction 44 of the M6. (Leave M6 jct 44, 1 mile on A689. )

Plenty of little consessions to look round if you go, such as a Food Hall, Craft Centre, Minatures Shop, Model Shop as well as the Garden and Gift centre.

After a wander around a friend and I decided to try lunch there. There are a decent amount of options, along with some specials on a chalkboard.

I opted for Soup - Butternut Squash and Apple, with a roll. A nice smooth base with huge chunks of apple. It was nice and hot, but very sweet - almost like stewed apple, in fact it wouldn't have been wrong with a drop of custard :) However, it was nice to have something different, and I would probably have it again.



My friend had BBQ Chicken Melt Panini, served with crisps and salad.


Decent coffee, nice and strong.

Nothing much more to report, pretty unoffensive, resonably priced food, worth a visit if you are visiting the Garden Centre.


Contact details for the Garden Centre are:

Houghton Hall,
Houghton,
Carlisle,
CA6 4JB.
Tel 01228 400610

No comments:

Post a Comment