The Diary of a Foodie

These food blogs are made up entirely from my own personal views. I do not work for, or get paid by any of the establishments that I mention.
It is a personal account based on a personal experience, and should be treated as such.
Please use the search box to search for your favourite style of food.
If you would like to suggest anywhere for me to try, please feel free to get in touch.




Saturday 25 June 2011

Bella Italia/American Italian/Glasgow

A newly discovered favourite is Bella Italia in Hope Street, Glasgow.


No parking outside, but there are multi-story car parks around the station which is just a few minutes away.

Bella Italia is an American style Italian, with waiting staff in oversized aprons.


We were seated and a delivered an extensive menu with loads of choice on it.  A drinks order was taken and I fancied a "Big Tom" which was a spiced tomato juice.  I asked what it was spiced with as being a Vegetarian I don't have Worcester Sauce which tomato juice is usually spiced with, and the waitress brought the bottle over for me to check, which was lovely.  It was fine so I had that. It was gorgeous, a really nice refreshing drink with a kick.


We ordered some .............

Garlic Dough Bastoni 

Mini bread batons with melted garlic & parsley butter to dip

They were delicious, baked to perfection and so soft and light, and a great big basket full to share.


For a main I went for ............

Legumi Calzone

Red pesto with roasted peppers and onions, black olives, baby plum tomatoes and field mushrooms with creamy mascarpone and mozzarella

I asked if I could swap the pepper and onions for artichokes, and this was fine.
The pizza was superb, the mascarpone cheese made it so creamy and tasty, and the crust was crispy and lightweight.

Hubby had a simple margarita pizza, he said it was a really good pizza with a lovely crust and nice flavour.
Prices are around £8-£10 for a main course, but the food is worth it.
They have a viewable menu on their website - 
The address is...

Bella Italia Glasgow

96 Hope Street
Glasgow
Glasgow
G2 6PH
Tel: 0141 2215321



No comments:

Post a Comment